For the safety and security of our fairgoers, the Tennessee Valley Fair administers the following bag policy, effective during all 10 days of the fair. Fairgoers should note that:
- All bags will be checked by security upon entry, regardless of shape, size or necessity.
- All attendees are subject to screening via metal detectors. Screenings will be conducted by Tennessee Valley Fair Security Officials upon entry. (This change is a state requirement per Tennessee Public Chapter 467, which took effect July 1, 2017.)
- Permitted bags include:
- Clear bags of any size/shape
- Small clutches/purses, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6 inches
- Diaper bags when accompanied by a minor child
- Medically necessary bags
All approved bags are subject to search and may be tagged to indicate they have been approved by KPD.
- Printed pattern plastic bag
- Cross-body bag
- Fanny pack
- Reusable grocery totes
- Mesh bags / Cinch bags
- Duffel bags
- Large tote bags
- Beverage containers
- Camera cases
- Brief cases
- Any bags deemed unsafe by the Knoxville Police Department
If you have questions about this policy, please contact the fair office at: 865-215-1471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.