POLICIES: SAFETY & WEATHER
Your safety is our top priority. The Knoxville Police Department is on site all 10 days of the Fair.
If you have a concern an officer is on duty at the Information Booth located next to First Aid. (See Map for details)
KPD is also on patrol throughout the fairgrounds.
PLEASE NOTE: No weapons of any kind are permitted at the Tennessee Valley Fair at any time.
All entrants are subject to search before entering the fairgrounds.
UPDATED SAFETY & BAG POLICY:
The Tennessee Valley Fair is a non-profit 501 (c)3 organization that exists to celebrate East Tennessee heritage and promote regional agriculture. The safety and security of our fairgoers is our top priority. To ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all guests, fair officials have established the following guidelines:
· Security at the Tennessee Valley Fair is managed by the Knoxville Police Department. If you have a safety question or concern, a KPD officer is on duty at the Information Booth located next to First Aid. See our official Map for details.
· No weapons of any kind are permitted at the Tennessee Valley Fair.
· All attendees are subject to screening via metal detectors. Screenings will be conducted by the Tennessee Valley Fair Security Officials upon entry. (This change is a state requirement per Tennessee Public Chapter 467, which took effect July 1, 2017.)
· All bags must be clear and will be checked by security upon entry, regardless of shape, size or necessity. For additional information and bag exceptions, please review our new bag policy. (REVIEW POLICY HERE)
We appreciate your cooperation.
- Tennessee Valley Fair Staff
We also do not allow re-entry after 10:00 p.m.
WEATHER POLICY: The Tennessee Valley Fair staff, in conjunction with local emergency services (including, but not limited to: the Knoxville Police Department and the National Weather Service) will closely monitor potentially hazardous weather conditions if they arise during our 10 day event. If the National Weather Service announces a severe weather warning within a 5 mile radius of Chilhowee Park, weather advisories will be announced immediately on the public address system directing guests to seek shelter. Designated severe weather shelters are located in the Jacob Building and Kerr Building. If a concert or special event is taking place, the event will be delayed, postponed or canceled depending on the severity and duration of the weather event. Fairgoers will be notified of any weather related announcements via email, social media and updates will be posted on our website.
ABOUT TENN. VALLEY FAIR
A non-profit organization dedicated to showcasing East Tennessee heritage, agriculture and the arts for nearly 100 years.
3301 East Magnolia Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37914